Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

Since we had traveled in September and October, we spent Thanksgiving in Algiers.  We ordered a small turkey breast from our butcher and ended up with a humongous turkey breast that still had feathers and quills in it!  Oh Butterball we missed you! 


My dear friend, Nicole, joined us for a quiet Thanksgiving dinner.  We laughed like crazy about the turkey feathers and how I didn't really know how to clean it!  I should have waited and let Nicole do it since she is a good Southern girl and I had no clue!  LOL   I  made pies, gluten free rolls, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes.  Nicole made a wonderful gluten free dressing and we naturally enjoyed some decent wine (decent after we poured it through the aerators)!!


I dragged out the Christmas decorations and tried to get in the holiday spirit, which isn't easy to do in the land of no Christmas.  It took me a week to get motivated to decorate but I finally did.

No comments:

Post a Comment